This is my mantra for the new year. K told me the other day while we were on vacation that I need to stop being so hard on myself (apparently I make negative comments about my appearance, intelligence etc all the time and I didn’t even know… yikes!). So I’m still going to be focused, determined, and work my ass off for everything, but I need to learn how to laugh at myself every once in awhile. I’ll be working on that. :-)
My other 2013 resolutions (they’re on the fridge…which means they’re official!):
1. Baby step to being more organized on a daily basis. This means putting away the dishes, putting away my shoes and bag when I come home in the same place so I can easily find them, and establishing a better morning/bedtime routine. Small steps lead to big things!
2. Learn to love myself more (see above)
3. Stick to my goals…don’t start something and not finish it!
This prompted me to write my official 2013 goals:
1. Get in shape to compete in bikini. This doesn’t mean I have to actually compete this year, but if I wanted to, I want to be stage ready by the end of 2013. I just want to have the confidence in my body to know I could get up there and have some realistic assessment of what I need to work on going into 2014.
2. Take a summer internship that pays well and is something I’m interested in doing (still on the fence about going with Deloitte vs. sending my application into the NTSB…we’ll see how that goes in a month or two!)
3. Present my crisis communication paper at NCA this fall.
4. Graduate with my MA in December. :-)
That’s it! I’ll be on here more often this year :-)
Happy and healthy 2013 to everyone!